I personally invest in early stage companies and here is what I look for when investing:
- I am an active shareholder, ready to spend up to 20% of my time on the company (help on international expansion, raising capital, building IT).
- The preferred sector is consumer lending, but not exclusively.
- The business must have a CEO and a team to manage daily operations.
- The business must have an ambition for international expansion.
- I introduce the company to my international network of business partners.
- Company is preferably based in the Baltics, Eastern Europe or the UK.
- Investment size: up to EUR 500,000 with a potential for co-investments from my business partners.
The scholarship program initiated by Matiss for Latvia’s leaders of tomorrow. The scholarship program is Matiss’ personal initiative to promote entrepreneurship and leadership among the youth. Eligibility criteria: an individual must be 15-23 years old, from Latvia, able to show leadership-capabilities, ambition to acquire world-class education and can prove a clear goal for receiving the scholarship.
Applicant are evaluated and compete on the above criteria for the limited number of scholarships awarded. Finalists are interviewed on on-going basis and the final selection rests with Matiss Ansviesulis.